Tuesday, March 15, 2011

All in the Family

Hi All,

With the recent illness of Gramma Vi, we have all been thinking about family and the precious time we have to enjoy each other.  Many of you have documented family histories, pictures, stories and recipes that I'm sure we would all love.  I have heard the stories 100 times and I hope that you will tell them again, or comment about how you remember it differently.  I, for one, will never tire of them.

Recently I have been talking to my generation of cousins about starting to get together once per quarter.  Aunt Sandy and I were discussing having Sunday dinners again (maybe more like Monthly dinners ;] ).  I remember back to times when we would all just hang out and enjoy each other's company.  We do this so rarely now that I think everyone has forgotten how.     Today our lives are full and we are all going 100 mph, some of us 55 mph and some 55 mpg in different directions.  When we do get a chance, we are all a text message or cell phone call away from complete distraction.  The day after Julie and Dustin' wedding when we just hung out in the Eloe's yard and sang and watched the little ones play was so nice.  Remember days at the Clark's? Parties where no one would go home?  Maybe its wishful thinking and we are all too busy to do this, but I hope we will give it a try.  I want my little cousins to know who I am, not just some lady who squeezes them at Christmas time.

Gramma has been a strong force that has kept this family together and I want to make sure her legacy continues.  We are so blessed to have this time to tell her and show her how we feel.  I am so proud of all of you, how you have done what you can to show her your love.

If you would like to share your family stuff on here you are welcome to send it to me or I can make you a regular contributor to the blog very easily.  Its fun and easy and I would be happy to walk you through getting started.  Just shoot me an email and let me know if you would like to be added.

For those of you new to blogging.  Comments and comments about comments are the life blood of the blog!  Kind of like Facebook but you can get a little introspective and verbose!

Love you All,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment